Thursday, March 12, 2015

This Is What Brings Me JOY

One of the things I love the most about being a Beachbody coach is seeing the moms on my team change their lives and start reaching their goals. Here is an AWESOME story from Team RockIt:

"Hey! I'm Shaylin, and I'm a 24 year old wife and mother! I have been married for 3 years to my perfect pair, and our 10 month old son is the cutest thing I've ever seen (biased mom opinion, maybe?!). My entire life up until a year ago was very unhealthy. Junk food was TOWERING in our garage when I was growing up, and most of our meals were very fatty.. Toast with a quarter stick of butter, tons of "cream of this" soups in our dinners, and we ALWAYS had snack foods until the minute we went to bed. I had issues with my body image all growing up, but I think it was because my mom did too, because looking back I was pretty "normal". 

When I left home after high school, I was really active and kept the weight at bay by going to dance parties and "slack lining". The foods I was eating consisted of 16 packs of old fashioned donuts (that I kept very stingily to myself), sugar cereal, candy, and Grandma Sycamore's white bread. I'm surprised my body didn't just fall to the ground and refuse to get back up!!! After I got married, I quit my job to focus on school, and I instantly gained at least 15 pounds in 2-3 months. Eh, big deal. Then another 5, and another, and then all of a sudden I didn't recognize myself. I turned very negative about everything, I would complain more often, and I was very irritable. To put it lightly, I was a terrible wife. I got pregnant a couple years into our marriage and people kept asking if I was eating healthier and I thought, "I've been eating this way my entire life, the baby will be fine!"

That all changed when he got here.. 5 weeks early, in the NICU for 2 weeks, and I just knew I HAD to be the best example for him that I could be. Three months after he was born, I found Beachbody! I ordered Shakeology and Focus T25 and FINALLY, for the first time in 23 years, paid attention to what I was eating and made healthier choices. I lost 7 pounds that first week, 12 in the first month, and then 4 months later, I was down 23 pounds. I was finally beginning to recognize myself again and my self confidence was sneaking back. I started reading personal development books which helped me to really focus on the positive things in my life, and everything has been on an upward path since then! I'm a happy wife and mom, I can run around with my son, I can play sports again, and I'm not worried about what others are thinking of me. I can almost out-workout my husband!! I have since completed a few other programs and am still working toward my goal, but I'm closer than I ever thought I could be! I am SO grateful for those who were placed in my pathway to help me find the better side of me again!"

This is why I LOVE Beachbody!! Seeing the transformation in people's loves brings so much JOY. If you've been thinking about becoming a coach and helping others reach their goals click here to fill out a brief form and I'd be happy to share more information with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment