Friday, April 24, 2015

Perfect Pre-prepped Chicken



Want to know my secret?!?? 

I make the easiest chicken ever!!!  It makes life so much easier when you are busy and throwing meals together!!!  It's the PERFECT Pre-prepped Chicken!!

Want to know what's in it!!?

3 ingredients.  Yep...3!!

I even made a video about it with no make up from my messy kitchen..cause that's how I roll!!!

↘️Ready?!? ↙️

Awesome right?!  Prep chicken once...use it all week!!! #awesome

Here's an example!!!

The other night I was craving my moms "Aroz con Pollo"
(That's chicken and rice in Spanish) 

I Didn't have time to make her "original recipe" so.....I used my perfect pre prepped chicken and created a faster, easier, healthier version!!

Who would have thought of that?!

Introducing 
Creamy Chicken and Rice 
A la RockitMOMfitness 

Ingredients :
2 pouches seeds of Change Organic Rice and Quinoa
2 cups Organic Chicken Broth
1 medium yellow onion -chopped
1 cup Organic baby carrots chopped
2 cup pre prepped chicken -diced
3/4 cup plain greek yogurt 
1 tbsp Butter

Intructions :
Sauté onions and carrots in butter untill carrots are "semi soft"

Add in rice, broth, and chicken 

Simmer 5-7 minutes on medium heat 

Turn off heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.

Stir in greek yogurt! (If you stir it in when its too hot it gets clumpy!) 

Sprinkle with parsley flakes (super fancy!!) and Serve immediately!!




Now the real test is will the KIDS eat it!!??

Well...his bowl was empty enough to put on his head!!! My 5 yr old deems this recipe #kidapproved!! 



Sigh. Happy faces..happy tummies...happy mommy!!

Hope that helps make life at YOUR house easier!!

XOXO

Missy 
@RockitMOMfitness 

No comments:

Post a Comment