Friday, April 3, 2015

Good Friday Thought: Embrace the Hill

I ran 10 very hilly miles yesterday. Right now I'm jumping 2 miles a week in my long runs...it's a mental push each week of training. I didn't really want to run 10 today. But when it's on the schedule...it's gotta happen.
*
All week my  heart has been wrapped up in thoughts of another hill. The hill leading to Calvary. The hill ..up which my Savior carried the cross He would be nailed to. For no fault of His own. After being up all night the previous night suffering for ME. After being whipped, mocked, spit on. He climbed the Hill to Calvary anyway.

*
I ran hills for Him today. When I was tired I wrapped my heart around thoughts of Him. I embraced the hills..because I know in my life the only reason I have conquered anything of importance is because He helped me.
*
I had a distinct thought today...why is it that we are so afraid to talk about our struggles!?? The Hills in our life we've climbed!?!!
*
We struggle, sweat, cry and Claw our way to the top....and we feel accomplished!!! We stand on top the mountain with JOY!! But yet we don't always share the struggle with others?!!
*
Why!??
*
because if we tell someone about it...and they discount it. It makes us feel like the struggle wasn't wort it.
*
Have you ever been judged for your struggles?!! Have you ever wanted to desperately share your journey but felt inhibited??
*
Why do we do that?!! Why do we crucify each-other for being imperfect and human??
*
In general I want to try harder to never ever judge. You have no idea what hill people are climbing. Everyone has a heart wrenching story. Everyone suffers... And on the flip side...everyone GROWS!!! We can learn from each others struggles!!!
*
Let's climb the hill together. Let's share our struggles and help shoulder the load in love.
*
Let's embrace the hills for the strength they give us. 

*
Let's remember that Christ went before us....so we never have to run the hills alone.
*
I'm telling you. Jesus is a runner 
Try it out. Go Run some hills today. Pray your heart out. He's always right beside you. He already shed His blood, sweat, and tears for you. You can stand to sweat and struggle a little!!
*
Run the Hills with Him. For Him. Because of Him.
*
And you will conquer them.
*
Open your heart and Embrace the Hill! I hope everyone has a blessed Easter weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment