Thursday, April 16, 2015

Moments Matter

I didn't want a dog. I have 4 kids...they make plenty of messes. But the kids have begged for YEARS!! So sure enough...we got a "Daisy the Doodledog".....
I had no idea how to train a puppy...didn't want to spend patience doing it...but of course...Ya have to. My daughter took on most the responsibility. She loves that dog and the dog loves her back. Daisy sleeps next to (or sometimes in) Her bed. But that also means it has been Caitlyn's job to take the dog out each morning. Sometimes it's as early at 6. 


I am always up....and it's often still dark, rainy, and cold. I'd do it for her...so she could go back to sleep...but Daisy won't go out without her BFF. 
*
So we've made a morning ritual of it. Caitlyn and I sit under the massive Pine tree that shelters us from the rain...wrap ourselves in a blanket..and watch that crazy dog run amuck! We giggle. We sit. And we talk. We watch the mist swirl around the trees.
*
It's 5 ...maybe 10 minutes of my day. In the fresh air..snuggled with my daughter ...who is growing up all too fast.
*
Someday I'm sure the dog will be trained ....and will go out alone. Maybe these moments will end. Maybe my daughter won't remember them....but I will.
*
Moments matter. 
Being her mom matters. 
*
And I guess I have the dog to thank for it. ‪#‎godblessourcrazydaisydog‬‪#‎momentsmatter‬

This fun and crazy ride we've been on over past two years as a family all started when I decided to become a Beachbody Coach. It has transformed our lives and financial situation to allow me the time to be there for moments like these. If you are interested in learning more about becoming a Coach and the awesome things happening in Team RockIt then click here to fill out a brief form. YOU can do it too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment