Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Happiness Tip: Go Outside

I've made a small change in my morning routine.
While my oatmeal is in the microwave ....
I go out the back door.... And STAND there.
Sometimes the stars are out....
Sometimes the sun is rising ...
But the fresh air smells like.. Earth and rain...
And I can HEAR the life around me.
((Usually my rooster ..who is crazy))
But I just stand there...breathe. ..and be grateful.
It centers me. It fills me with energy.
And it draws my heart to God in gratitude.
Everyone has 2 minutes.
Next time you look out the window and think "WOW that's beautiful ".......stop looking through the window and GO OUTSIDE and actually FEEL it.
Take a little longer walking to the mailbox...sit on the front porch and look at the sky when you come home for the day...sneak outside after the kids are in bed and just look at the stars!
Nature is a great teacher...and a great source of calm.
Find time !!! You'll feel happier!!
XOXO,
Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment