Monday, January 25, 2016

Breathe In, Breathe Out

Breathe Blue skies in ....breathe Grey skies out...
I was lying in bed this morning ...
And I felt distinct LACK of anxiety.
Weird.
Most days I wake up with anxiety.
It's normal for me and I have learned to breathe and talk myself into getting up and moving with affirmations...prayer.. listening to personal development ...
Then following that with healthy habits of breakfast, exercise, and sticking to a to do list..
Today I had no anxiety.
I thought "why is that God?!?"
I think it's because I focused ALL weekend on this one thing...
Choice.
A choice to deliberately recognize what I thinking.
If my thoughts were good....I focused them and affirmed them to myself.
For example "missy do you notice you are feeling happy". Or "missy do you notice you are feeling loved!"
Then I could confirm that I was in fact TRUELY feeling those things. And then I could thank God for them.
Now the flip side....
All weekend when I had a negative thought...
Instead of punishing myself by thinking "missy .. You're so dumb why do you think negative thoughts"
I acknowledged them!!!
For example: "missy!! Your house is messy and that's making you anxious!"
Or "missy your kids are acting out and that's making you feel inadequate "
Then you can keep your negative emotion at arms length and say ...
Is it TRUE?!! Is it HELPFUL?!!
Do I choose to walk through that "cloud of emotion"
To my SHOCK ....I was able to rationally disengage from negative thinking!
MIND EXPLOSION!
It's called ACT therapy.
Audiobooks are my therapist😂...
And I'm reading this book called The Confidence Gap by Russ Harris
It's changing everything I thought about ....my thoughts!!!
Today I woke up with ZERO anxiety?!!
Why?!?
Because I feel in control of my emotions!?!?
Oh my gosh I think my life just turned on its head!!
Last example:
My alarm went off and I thought "you're going to feel anxious because you have a lot to do today and you're tired"
Then I stopped... And I chose
No...actually I'm not. Actually. I don't FEEL anxious. I'm in total control of this feeling and I choose to get up and feel calm and free.
And I did.
Today is Monday. Blue skies in..Grey skies out.

No comments:

Post a Comment