Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Be Prepared!

I am a big believer in being PREPARED!!! Be prepared to succeed or you are setting yourself up for failure!!! So I usually take my weekends, mainly Sunday evenings, to prepare to succeed with my meals the following week! I prep everything from chicken, to sweet potatoes, to brown rice, to fish, to broccoli. You get the picture!! I have found that if I have something ready to go I am much more likely to reach for that than stopping at a fast food place or grabbing a sugary snack!!

Here is a great example of how one lady prepares for the week!! For more information and a grocery list you can check it out here: http://www.beachbody.com/beachbodyblog/nutrition/meal-prep-monday-week-5
Breakfast: Shakeology with raspberries, flax seeds (not shown) and 3 tsp. peanut butter (1 red, 1 purple, 1 orange, 3 tsp.)
Snack: Two egg muffins (EXTREME recipe), oatmeal (not shown), and blueberries (not shown) (1 red, 1 green, 1 purple, & 1 1/2 yellow)
Lunch: Turkey meatballs (EXTREME recipe), sweet potato, and broccoli (1 red, 2 1/2 yellow, & 1 green)
Post-Workout: Trout with 1 tsp olive oil, green beans, and a small apple (1 red, 1 green, 1 purple & 1 tsp.)
Dinner: Baked chicken with 1 tsp olive oil, bell pepper, cucumber salad, and 1/4 an avocado (not shown) (1 red, 2 greens, 1 blue, & 1 tsp.)

No comments:

Post a Comment