Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Be Still and Know

I've been thinking a LOT about this scripture. What is "STILLNESS"anyway?!!! Raise your hand if the word STILL makes you squirm!!!!! I can't sit still to save my LIFE!!! As a kid (OK, and an adult) I hated being told to sit STILL!!! So...what's WIGGLY but God loving girl to do?!! Define your OWN stillness!!! 


As a mom 4 "restless" and "ridiculously adventurous" children I've learned to ADAPT!!!! Stillness of body or even of thought can be learned.....but I'm here to tell you it's more about your feelings of calm and at peace ...than your body's movement!! Being quiet and still does not equal your level of righteousness!!! #mindexplosion

Here's a trick for us wiggly people. We are Doers!!!!! We are movers!!! We are motivators!!! We get stuff done!!! GOD GAVE YOU THAT GIFT!!! God NEEDS people the move....to move His work forward!!So it's OK to not be able to SIT!!!! Find ways to move so you can feel STILL in your soul!!!! I listen to scripture and audiobooks everyday....WHILE I workout...while I do the dishes...while I fold laundry!!!! If my hands or body is moving....my MIND becomes still and focused. #weird!

My kids are the SAME way!!! They are kinetic learners!!! The only way My Jeffrey Could finally count to 100 was to hop on 1 foot. It's a bit difficult for traditional school testing...but hey..he's a masterpiece. A wiggly one!! So...wiggly people of the world...if your soul is restless....make a RUN for it!!!! Literally! Put some classical music or scripture on your iPhone and GO run.

God is not one size fits all...he can speak to us wiggly people too. My best conversations with God are when I'm running. He's willing to run right along side you!!! So I'm telling you....lace up your Nikes for Jesus!!!  Be the wiggly person you were meant to be...and I promise...God will help you find stillness in your heart .

....and now...I'm gonna go workout! Me and my audiobook smile emotic

No comments:

Post a Comment