Friday, December 26, 2014

I Workout for.......



worked out today....at 2 pm. It took me an hour ....to get through my 40 minutes of planned workout!!! (INSANTY Max 30 and a little added strength circuit ) 

I didn't workout Christmas Eve or Christmas ......and I was hell bent determined to workout today.  

Why?!!

One reason.....
I do it for me.  
For years thought doing anything for ME was selfish.  A noble self sacrifing trait right?!!

Wrong!!!!  

I workout because it makes ME HAPPY
I workout because it makes ME feel strong, and calm, and energetic
I workout because when I do I am a better wife, mom, and person

I went though periods of my life when I worked out  to be skinny.  I starved myself, made myself throw up, obsessed out every pound, and about perfection. 

And you know what??!! Why would I do that?!! Why would I treat myself like that. 

Perception of perfection.

I wanted to be perfect.  I felt so much pressure to be there for everyone.  To lift everyone..help everyone...that it destroyed ME!!

Truth...you can't help anyone if you're s mess!!

Thank God for my husband and for God helping me see that  ...I am worth it.  I am a wonderful, beautiful, powerful person....just like I am!!!!!

So I just am!!!

And I am ok.

I gain and loose weight.

I miss a workout here and there...I eat treats here and there.

But I workout and eat healthy almost everyday...and I always will

Because I do it for ME!!!
And I am worth it!!  

I'm not perfect.  I'm a work in progress!  

But the trick is....to love yourself right where you are!!!!

Be a Progressionist ....not a perfectionist 


XOXO

MISSY

No comments:

Post a Comment